Monday, October 8, 2007

Sleep Update!

It is with enthusiasm & optimism that I announce the Lovell's might actually get some sleep tonight!! It seems we reached a turning point during Auntie Caren & cousin Hadley's weekend visit. Things have definitely been improving, but we were still having episodes of late night crying and consoling, coupled with middle of the night feedings... I know, very smart pattern to be developing! However, Sunday night Mia went to bed at about 8:15 pm and slept all the way through the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say this with no small amount of excitement. She's now been down for about 3 hours so far tonight, and we haven't heard as much as a peep. Ok, maybe a few small peeps, but not much more! Keep your fingers crossed and please keep us in your sleep prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take this for what it's worth. I used to beed my babies cereal before putting them to bed so that they wouldn't get hungry during the night.
Margaret

Anonymous said...

I meant feed.
Margaret

Anonymous said...

My experience was that you truly learn to "live in the moment" once you have a child. It's never the same from one minute to the next. Congrats on a full night's sleep but don't be counting on that to be the norm....for awhile....let's see, Alex is 8 now and I think we've been good in that department for 1.5 years....but it's ALWAYS good to be OPTIMISTIC!