Monday, October 8, 2007

Pre-Doctor Visit!

A shot of our little Mia on Monday morning, just a few hours before she learned what doctors can do with needles!! We had our first Pediatrician visit today, and Mia did her best, like usual, to win over the entire office. All the Mom's wer paying her attention and the staff just couldn't get enough. Everything was going according to her little plan until... The needle! Neither Mom nor Dad had any idea of the immense pain and suffering this could cause. When they took blood, Mom had to have the nurse give her sniffing salts to prevent a black out from the trauma of seeing little Mia scream so loudly! I'm not kidding... After Mom left the room, Dad got the privilige of pinning his little girl to the table while three immunization shots were administered in the thighs. Suffice it to say that the whole family was traumatized by the end of this appointment. All for a good cause if it helps to keep our little Mia safe and healthy!

4 comments:

Chrisy said...

Poor little pumpkin!!! Her little thigh was probably sore from those nasty shots... The doctor's office is NO fun for a little kid-- I remember always asking my mom if I was going to get a shot or not... So I knew if I had to start getting upset or not! LOL...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that brought back memories of when Billy & Brian
got their shots I couldn't go in,
Bill had to do it. I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

That was the hardest thing I ever had to do was take Alex for shots. It is devastating. I remember one time even the nurse had tears in her eyes! It won't get any easier until she is about 3...that was my experience. I feel your pain!! (all of you!!)

Anonymous said...

It gets better. The first time we took Mackenzie for shots, I too made daddy hold her down and I cried when she got the shots. Now, it is like no big deal, but the first time was traumatic!

Love, Patrice